Monday, February 1, 2010

A Letter to our Canine

Dear Tangie,

You stink. And you will continue to do so until I throw you in the utility sink and scrub you down. You are a dog--not a human. I know you think you are one of the girls but you are not. You have also gotten a little lazy. Who are we kidding, you've gotten A LOT lazy. You have put on a bunch of weight because of being lazy. Also it's because Mazey drops food off of her high chair and you eat Every. Single. Morsel. You probably should not be eating human food because it does nasty things to your digestive tract. When you pass gas it makes me want to throw-up. It still amazes me that given the choice of laying on top of an old car towel, or my most recent hand made quilt, you will plop your smelly self down on the quilt every time. Last year when you had bladder stones and we had to give you anti-biotics (the most expensive ones that are made for a dog), costly dog food for your diet, and a couple of visits to the vet, it made me realize that we spent more money on your health than on mine. You definitely have little dog syndrome. Tangie, I hate to break it to you but you are NOT a pitbull/german shepherd mix. If someone stepped on you really hard you would most likely break in half.

However, I choose to keep you around because there are some good things about you. You honestly think I am the boss around here. Not everyone in this family agree's with you on that. When I give you orders you always obey me. Again, not everyone around here does that either. You are a great friend to Mazelyn and she enjoys pulling on your ears. I appreciate you not nipping at her which is a good thing you don't because I wouldn't stand for it in the first place. You are a wonderful watch dog. I don't know how you do it but you always know when someone is around our house outside, even before they get close to the front door. On the days when Conan is out of town it makes me feel safer having you around.

I hope my frankness hasn't hurt your feelings. But considering you can't read I'm not too worried.

Thanks for being an obedient friend.

Love,

Your Boss

4 comments:

marrahyde said...

Don't forget how Tangie stole Jeramia's hamburger last Fourth of July--what a dog!

Emily said...

Dear Laurel,

You are HILARIOUS!

And it is all true. But remember that I took your place as jefe when you left on a cruise...she must have thought I was you!

Funny.

Love,
me.

Chelsea said...

It's so true, she is probably the only one that listens and obeys you! He he love it!

kathleen said...

Yup! You're the MOM and I am the GRANDMA and Tangie knows it and truly bypasses everyone else and seeks our advice and attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!