
It turned out awesome! Mazey LOVES popcorn and this truly looked like real popcorn! Yep, that is real cake under all that "popcorn"!!! I had some popcorn bags that I cut apart and wrapped around the cake part. The top is just marshmallows with a little painted on yellow food coloring (diluted). Anyway, it was a hit! We set it in front of Mazelyn and she was so excited. She kept trying to take one of the "popcorn's" off to eat it.

I was trying to take a photo of her and so was not watching close enough to grab her as she kept trying to get a "piece of popcorn". Everyone screamed all at once and, of course, she had grabbed at the flame on the candle! She cried and cried.

I would have to say...the biggest hit was the baby doll from Aunt Erin. Mazey kept laughing and smiling. We told her to "kiss" the baby (we have been working on giving kisses) and she did! First time she did it all on her own!
She was spoiled. :) She received a darling bracelet from the Van Dykes, her cute Precious Moments little girl from Gma and Gpa A....which she kissed too... along with an outfit picked out by Neisha, cute outfits from Gma and Gpa H. another bracelet from Brynn, wooden stacking toy and push toy from us, and p.j.'s from Gramie Great!
We love this little girl soooo much! (I am loving her curls too!)
P.S. Conan wanted me to post a photo of the cake when it was cut....proof that it was a real cake.
10 comments:
Yup.............I was there to witness the POPCORN CAKE. So adorable! I was so fun to watch Mazelyn peek her head into each bag that held a present to see what was behind the tissue. A fun party for sure! Happy Birthday little Mazey!!!!!!!!!
It should have read....."It was so fun to watch Mazelyn..." not "I was so fun to watch....." but I may have been alot of fun to watch too! Oh well.
Wow, Laurel! That cake is incredible!! It really DOES look so real! No wonder she was trying to eat the "popcorn"! Looks like so much fun. Sad we missed it.
That cake is AMAZING! Look at what the master cake maker whipped up this time! I just want to know how you come up with these ideas?? I am loving Mazey's curls too! So cute!!
The cake looks even better in real life!..Hmmm I see a business opportunity here...
simply adorable. Not that it looked simple. Because I am sure it took you a really long time to make this adorable cake. We wish we could have been there to help PARTY...soon enough...really is she 1 years old? Really?
Love her long locks of curls. Can't believe how much she has changed. (Last I have seen her was at the Hansen Camp Out). So glad she loved the doll. That put such a huge smile on my face when you said it was a big hit. Love you Mazey. HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
What a darling cake and beautiful baby girl! My oldest did the same and grabbed the candle on her first birthday.
I would love to visit with you again sometime..any good time to call you?
Amazing. That is seriously the coolest cake I have ever seen. Where do you come up with this stuff? I'd dig right in too! You're my hero. (Kiss Mazey's hand for us:)
AMAZING! Jayden didn't believe it was a cake until she saw the rest of the pictures. Super cute! I can't believe she's one already?! So cute!
Post a Comment