Monday, April 25, 2011

Catching Up

Here are some glimpses of what we have been up to...


Everyone who could met up at Chad and Jenn's in Logan for a mini re-union. Mazey and I were stuck home because little Miss had croup. Blah. Of course Grandma and Grandpa A. were in Tokyo with all the missionaries.


A little blurry, but a darling self portrait by Lyndsie. :)


Camryn needed one as well. :)


As a 3rd grader, Emily was required to choose a person from history and do a report on them. She chose Julie Andrews. She then was to dress up like this person and make a poster of their life. She wanted to look like Maria from the "Sound of Music" and wanted an apron like the one that Julie Andrews wore in the opening song. I went to Walmart and bought some plain fabric and came up with this one. All the 3rd graders then set up their posters all around the gym and the rest of the grades came through as classes and looked at their reports. (Parents could come as well.) She was so excited and loved that she got to bring a guitar as well!


We went bowling at BYU for a family activity. Brynn is growing up too fast for my taste. She will be 14 next month and moving on to Miamaids. Crazy. I love Mazey's cheesy smile for the camera.


Camryn made this little blue wooden car (painted it and everything) and then gave it to Grandpa for his birthday. She was so excited and could not wait till he opened it! He was very sweet with her and made a big deal about it. :)


One Sunday we up to Temple Square and walked around for a little bit. We also went across the street and visited Great Grandma Hyde and Aunt Marlene. It was a wonderful day.


Mazey found this little American Girl doll chair and was trying it out for size!


Emily turned 9 yrs. old and requested a "double-decker" hamburger cake.


Emily's dear friends Lexi and Aydelyn. She misses them so much and was so excited for them to come the long way out here for her b-day party.

4 comments:

Katherine. said...

Oh sister Albrecht, and Brynn!
I miss you guys so much! We really need to hang out some time Brynn. By the way, I loved the pictures!
Love ya!

Katherine

kathleen said...

Such fun Pictures of everyone!!!!!!!!!!! 1. Emily, you look so adorable as "Maria". 2. The cake is beyond anything I could even imagine to do. 3. Great self-portrait, Lyndsie. 4. Nothing unusual with Camy. 5. Brynn, yes you are definitely growing up much too fast, but a cutie at that. 6. Mazey, you are just a cute little runt. Thanks for the update:)

Holly said...

I love that Emily chose to focus on Julie Andrews for her history report and that you made that perfect little apron for her! I love The Sound of Music and Julie Andrews. I guess, somehow knowing you were home with Mazey rather than with the rest of your family in Logan makes me feel better (rude huh) because I would have felt bad knowing you were here and didn't get to see you. How long has it been?! How are your Grandma Hyde and Aunt Marlene? I remember those two very well.

amy smart said...

Ahhh! I love the Julie Andrews costume! SO cute. Excited to see you again this week, Laurel!