Saturday, September 4, 2010

Finished Framing

The framing is about done, and the plumber, electrician, and heating/AC people have been working all week. The windows and doors should be installed shortly. Here's a few pictures from this week.

Here's the front of the house. You can see the front deck and roof dormers. The pillars have their internal beams but are not finished yet.

This is a view from the rear corner of the house. Brynn is walking toward the wood deck area, which should be installed this week.

Here's the front door, with Camy and Lyndsie sporting their new glasses.


This is the inside view of the great room. Just above the stairs is the little loft area we added.

Here's the rear view of the house.



8 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, it looks great! Exciting for you guys.. and a bit sad for us here

mylittlegems said...

HOLY HUGE!! That looks like 6 of our houses or more! What is it like 10,000 square feet? :) I love that you have land. they starting building next door to us or should I say a house AT my door- the houes is about 10 feet from ours...ugh. such is living in AZ in lame-o track home. But we are still grateful and love our neighborhood in northern mexico. :) Hope it all goes well and you love it! Miss you all. :)

Kim said...

LOVE the wrap-around porch!! It looks beautiful! I can't wait to go visit you there....chic nite...your casa!

DANIELDOOZ said...

Wrap around porch!!!! Ryan and I both love those! I've been anxiously waiting to see an update. So much fun to see--thanks for sharing!

thegehmclan said...

Fabulous! Now, where is the apartment pictures. We need to see progress of where we will be staying. Shhhh don't tell mom:) You can share us when we are down. You made our day with these pictures. Scott is drooling anxiously drooling.

Erin said...

It was so fun to see your house. Now it makes more sense when you post pictures. SO BEAUTIFUL. Can't wait to see more progress.

Megan said...

Love the house! Thanks for the tour this weekend! I'm glad we were able to make it out there!

Megan said...

Love the house! Thanks for the tour this weekend! I'm glad we were able to make it out there!