When I was about halfway through the first limb, I felt a pinch on my leg. I figured it was just other branches poking into me, and I ignored it. Then
I felt another. And another. Finally, the fourth "pinch" was on my wrist, and I looked down through the leaves to see a big black wasp with its hind end into my wrist. Looking down at my legs, three more were injecting poison into me.
I came down (half fell) out of the tree with them still attached and more trying to sting me, so I did a quick fire roll on the ground to get them off. My legs and wrist were already swelling up when I got into the house, and I guzzled some Benadryl and rubbed some stick Benadryl on them. The swelling started going down once the medicine got into me. How incredible our world is now with such awesome, cheap, available medicine.

I couldn't see the nest, but Laurel found it. It was hidden in the tree about 3 feet from where I was sawing the limb! Later, I had my revenge and gave them a bit of my own poison...
5 comments:
I love the part where you shared your poison with them!! That was awesome!
Wow, Conan! I would have loved to have seen the fire roll. Maybe you could show us that at the next family reunion. :)
Conan, is this your first blog post on Laurel's blog? Owwwie!
What was your choice poison/revenge? Air freshner with a lighter on the end of it? That probably would have been mine. :-)
Cause they would smell it and say " oh look, flowers," then they would breath in the flames. That would teach those dirty rotten wasps.
My choice of revenge was first wasp spray, which pretty much killed the nest. Then I took the lawn mower over the felled nest a few times, just to be sure. The lawn mower gave me quite the satisfaction! :)
Post a Comment